Fangyuan LI, Professor at the Department of Bridge Engineering, College of Civil Engineering, Tongji University. He completed his Bachelor, Master degree in Structure and Material Engineering from China University of Mining and Technology in 1995 and 1998, then he got his Ph.D degree in Bridge Engineering from Southwest Jiaotong University in 2001, followed by Post-doctoral research in Tongji University until 2004. His research interests include design theory for bridges and buildings, prestressing technology, durability of structure, and new material of civil engineering with new construction technology. He has published about 150 papers. He is the member of several international journal’s editorial board, also is the member of CCES(Institute of China Civil Engineering) , SSCE (Shanghai Society of Civil Engineering ) and ASTM (Committee on Concrete and Concrete Aggregates, Committee on Gypsum and Related Building Materials and System).
1998.9-2001.10 PhD, Southwest Jiaotong University
1995.9-1998.7 MSc, China University of Mining and Technology
1991.9-1995.7 BSc, China University of Mining and Technology
Concrete bridge structure design and analysis
Prestressing technology development and application
Reconstruction and maintenance of bridge structures (jacking and translocation, widening reconstruction and reinforcement)
Study on 3D printing materials and construction process for concrete structure and bridge
New construction materials (UHPC, directional fiber concrete, high-elastic concrete, high-strength lightweight concrete) and applications
New structure design including Pretensioned AERORail System.
Prizes and awards
The Outstanding Researcher of Shanghai Highway Institute in 2014
The Second Prize for Scientific and Technological Progress Award of Shanghai in 2010
First Prize for Scientific and Technological Progress Award of Liuzhou City in 2007
Tongji University Outstanding Young Teacher in 2007
- Experimental study of the tensile and flexural mechanical properties of directionally distributed steel fibre-reinforced concrete, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part L: Journal of Materials: Design and Applications, pp. , 2018.
- Study of the effect of fibre orientation on artificially directed steel fibre-reinforced concrete, Advances in Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 2018, pp. , 2018.
- Full-scale test of the hydration heat and the curing method of the wet joints of a precast segmental pier of a bridge, European Journal of Environmental and Civil Engineering, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 348–370, 2017.
- A Parameter Sensitivity Analysis of the Effect of Rebar Corrosion on the Stress Field in the Surrounding Concrete, Advances in Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 2017, pp. , 2017.
- Probabilistic-based prediction of lifetime performance of RC bridges subject to maintenance interventions, Computers and Concrete, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 499–521, 2016.
- Development of standard fatigue vehicle force models based on actual traffic data by weigh-in-motion system, Journal of Testing and Evaluation, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 799–807, 2016.
- Dynamic behaviors of pretensioned cable AERORail structure, Journal of Central South University, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 2267–2276, 2015.
- A Novel Approach to Evaluate the Time-Variant System Reliability of Deteriorating Concrete Bridges, Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2015, pp. , 2015.
- Test studies on the corrosion features for the bridge foundations durability in a household refuse landfill environment, Open Civil Engineering Journal, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 125–133, 2015.
- Analysis and monitoring on jacking construction of continuous box girder bridge, Computers and Concrete, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 49–65, 2015.
- An Experimental Study on Concrete Flat Slabs Prestressed with Carbon Fibre Reinforced Polymer Sheets, Advances in Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 2015, pp. , 2015.
- Test studies on the corrosion features for the bridge foundations durability in a household refuse landfill environment, Open Civil Engineering Journal, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 66–74, 2015.
- Parsing on the processing methods of seamline for concrete bridge with seamless broaden technology, Applied Mechanics and Materials, vol. 587-589, pp. 1581–1585, 2014.
- Design and analysis of anchorage zone and deviation block of external prestressed concrete bridge, Advanced Materials Research, vol. 710, pp. 342–347, 2013.
- Analysis of a T-frame bridge, Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, pp. , 2012.
- Literature reviews and summary of concrete bridge seamless broaden technology, Applied Mechanics and Materials, vol. 193-194, pp. 1290–1295, 2012.
- Application of virtual prototyping to simulation of vehicle-rail coupling of AERORail structure, Tongji Daxue Xuebao/Journal of Tongji University, vol. 40, no. 9, pp. 1287–1293, 2012.
- A theoretical model of deflection for composite box girder considering interface slip, Australian Journal of Mechanical Engineering, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 47–60, 2012.
- Accidental injury detecting and warning system for the Maglev bridge, Advanced Materials Research, vol. 446-449, pp. 3517–3522, 2012.
- Model test on vehicle-bridge coupling behavior of new AERORail structure, Tongji Daxue Xuebao/Journal of Tongji University, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 186–190, 2012.
- Experimental study on the cable rigidness and static behaviors of AERORail structure, Steel and Composite Structures, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 427–444, 2012.
- Spatial analysis on deviation block of external prestressed bridge with finite element software, ICIC 2010 - 3rd International Conference on Information and Computing, vol. 4, pp. 261–264, 2010.
- FEM aided prestress design for large-scale ultra-low-temperature LNG tank, ICIC 2010 - 3rd International Conference on Information and Computing, vol. 4, pp. 257–260, 2010.